Traveling with your best friend can be challenging – if he or she is furry and has four legs, that is. Sniffing out and selecting a perfect spot for you and your pooch for a Pocono vacation does not have to feel like a trip to the vet. Bring Fido is always a very useful online resource when scouting for pet-friendly places to stay, but we took the time to fetch a few awesome pet-friendly places in the Poconos for you!
1. Countryside Cottages provides a warm & inviting place for you (and your pet!) to come back to after a full day of activities. Countryside cottages has a pool area, spacious green fields to start-up a game of softball, an area to play a friendly game of volleyball, a recreation room chock full of games, and plenty of quiet places to just sit and relax. The property is about 20 minutes away from Camelback Mountain Resort, Camelbeach and Aquatopia, 30 minutes from Bushkill Falls, as well as golf courses, riding trails, and much more.
2. For The Ruffin’ it Type: Jim Thorpe Camping Resort is located in Carbon County on 28-acres of wooded campground with all of the modern conveniences a family could want - and the added bonus of being a pet friendly! The site hosts a convenience store, a laundry facility, restrooms and shower areas, camping cabins, a pool and wading pool. If you’re seeking some adventure, the Camping Resort is less than a 15-minute drive away from three whitewater rafting adventure sites such as the Jim Thorpe River Adventures as well as numerous biking and hiking trails. If you’re looking for a night of entertainment, the Mauch Chunk Opera House is also less than five minutes away.
3. Ledges Hotel is a historic hotel located in Hawley, PA. Built in 1890 and nestled in the rock ledges of Paupack High Falls, it was originally the John S. O’Connor Glass Factory. Ledges Hotel is also home to its own restaurant, Glass – Wine Bar Kitchen. Enjoy scenic boat tours nearby, as well as the Bingham Park Riverwalk, the Hawley Silk Mill, and much more. The hotel only holds a limited number of pet friendly rooms, so be sure to get an early jump on booking with your four-legged friend.
4. Established in 1852, the historical Hotel Fauchère is located in Milford, PA. The Hotel Fauchère offers fine dining in its own Delmonico Room, and a guest only conservatory and garden in Bar Louis. Besides their many amenities and being minutes away from the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Hotel Fauchère goes above and beyond to cater to your four-legged friend. The hotel’s pet program includes doggie-massages, dog-walking services, and gourmet meals prepared especially for your pooch.
5. The Village at Pocono is located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains and located beside the Pocono Raceway, which owns and operates the resort. Ranked one of the 10 best hotels in the Poconos by Trip Advisor, The Village at Pocono is located near many premium restaurants, Skirmish USA Paintball, Jack Frost National Golf Club, Jack Frost Big Boulder Ski Area, Mt. Airy Casino, and much more. The Village at Pocono would love for you to “stay” in one of their pet friendly rooms!
6. OK folks – let’s be honest – you love your doggie to death but sometimes, you might want just a smidgen of alone time! What if we told you that there is a place where your dog can have a vacation too – and won’t mind spending a little time away from you?
Located in Uniondale at the edge of the Pocono Mountains, Eva's Play Pups Countryside Dog Camp is only fifteen minutes from Elk Mountain Ski Resort. With 52 acres available for hiking, playing, and swimming, your dog will get the opportunity to spend the day outside with constant supervision by trained professionals. Eva's Play Pups Countryside Dog Camp provides doggy day care as well as short- and long-term lodging. Parents can leave their dogs for the course of their vacation or drop their doggie best friend off for a so they can have time to themselves.
No matter what part of the Northeast Pennsylvania you are visiting, there are plenty of places for you and your pooch to stay and play, making for a perfect Pocono getaway!